Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday

I weigh 236.4 lbs today.
The last month has been overwhelming. Full of things I never expected and I have dealt with them remarkably well. Obviously the medication is finally doing the trick. Phew...I have to say thank goodness.
I am in my own apartment now. I am happy about that. I loved living with my parents. They are good people but I NEEDED my independence. I needed to take care of myself. I needed to prove to myself that I could do this. I can heal. I can become a whole person. I can be good. I can be everything that I dream of being and more. Just because I have a mental illness does not mean that I cannot contribute to society - or make a difference in this world. I will. One step at a time.


I am being sure not to stress myself out. I am taking baby steps. I see things I want to do and try and all that jazz but I am not allowing myself to be overwhelmed. I am taking things slowly. 


I am planning healthy meals. 
I am making smart choices.
I am walking my dog.
I am tackling my to do list daily.
I am working on my grad school class projects.
I am sleeping properly.
I am taking care of myself.
I am taking pride in myself.
I am taking my medication.
I am becoming me!


Okay well until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment