Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm chubby?

LMAO I had a patient say to me -- I used to be chubby like you! OMFG!!!


Now I am big yes but I have a flat tummy. Honestly I do thanks to tons of scar tissue. But good grief I would have never called myself chubby! I have never been called that....sigh So I went and told a good friend at work this and she turned to me and said that I am actually noticeably smaller than when I moved to the Arctic. I know eh? I am down 8lbs which is good but I am wearing a smaller size thanks to more exercise and toning up. Just when I start to feel good I get the chubby comment. 


Anyway I did not exercise this morning. I broke a cardinal rule that I had set for myself which is to be in bed early. Well I was in bed but watching a movie. So before I knew it- it was 11pm and I blew my need for 8 hours of sleep and getting up at 6am goal. So I will exercise tonight. I am trying to exercise twice a day. So tonight I am hoping me and the roomie play on the nintendo wii as I would rather not use the treadmill since that is for my C25K training and that is a morning thing. Variety is the spice of life right?


I am starting to think about the whole food journalling / counting calories thing. I think it would help but I am not sure I can do it. Did anyone ever use any apps for their iphone that they would recommend? I just don't think I want to write them down...in a book I am not so inclined to do that. 


Today I ate 1 egg, 1 thin hot dog pita wrap with some jalapeno harvati cheese, three huge slices of zucchini bread, shepherds pie 2cups, a dozen baby carrots with sweet onion vinagrette dip, 100grams of mango slices dried....and yet to have dinner.....


Okay now I am bumming myself out. Cmon Sarah you can do this!!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have an i phone so I have no recommendations on an app. I relied on a journal I bought from amazon -- I tried an online free program once and while it worked when I was in front of a computer, I found I never used it in the evenings or weekends which seemed to be the worst times for me.

    You definitely need to try journaling your food -- if not calories or points, at least what you are eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chubby is only second to husky as one of the most annoying terms ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I carry my iphone everywhere so I am using Lose it! an app which seems to be good. I started yesterday---wow lots of calories in cottage cheese a huge disappointment but I just have to work it in since i like it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete