Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday--new goal setting

Today is the second last day of my vacation. Thursday I head back to my overnight stop before I catch my plane north. Yesterday I took my parents out for Lunch because they deserved it. However the side effects of that plus the insane heat meant I ended up with an industrial sized headache. So bad that at 7pm I crawled into bed and did not wake up for 12 hours. Very unlike me.


Anywho I have been thinking lots over the last few days about my goals for my life. As some of you know I start my masters program in September. I am frankly concerned that I am going to get seriously stressed out. I am not the kind of person who deals well with stress. What I have discovered is that if I am organized then I deal well. But this means VERY ORGANIZED AND SERIOUSLY OCD. YUP OCD!! Meaning I tightly organize my life and cannot vary from it. That being said if I organize my health in there I can be very healthy right? If I plan my exercise and eating and follow it while doing my schooling and fulltime work I could achieve some of my goals?? correct...the logic is there. 


The only hitch is my life needs some varying due to my work. I work health care and am on call often so sometimes I am up all night due to sick people. So I need to create a plan with allowances. This calls for some creativity. But if anyone can do it--it is me!


So what are my goals?? It is 16 weeks until the start of December....What do I feel/think I can accomplish in that time frame?
Well at this point I am not sure of my exact weight due to being on vacation so when I weigh in on Monday at home I want to be 16lbs lighter on December 1st. Very achievable I think....
Next Goal.....
I want to be able to run a 5km in 40 mins. Last time I ran a 5km was in 2009 March and it took me 48 minutes. Yes I am a super slow runner. So to knock 8 minutes off it would be a huge accomplishment.
And finally my third goal....hmmm...this one is going to see crazy...No more sweets....lets clarify that one...No more POP, no more licorice and no more junk like food products ie chocolate, candies and stuff I did not make with stuff I can pronounce.


Okay three goals for the next 16 weeks seems enough.
This all starts on August 15th!
I head home on the 13th. Give myself a day to get settled into home. My roomie says the Barge order arrived and the living room has been swallowed up by the barge order so I have to help her put that away. Then I can start on Sunday with Monday as my usual weigh in day.


I hope I can do this. I am making it public and hope that you all follow and cheer me on.
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I started my healthiness lifestyle about a month before starting grad school as well. I was working a full time job, in grad school and fighting for my healthiness life.

    You are the only one who can allow your life to become an excuse. I mean that in the most positive way possible. Everyone has a busy life. Your life will always be crazy hectic. You will need to figure out how to be healthy despite a crazy schedule because in the end, things will always come up that could potentially be of higher priority than working out.

    Do not allow for your life to be an excuse. Do not allow for school to be an excuse. You can do this, I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I believe I can because you did it.....right now you are kinda my hero...in a great way. I really admire you and think you are an example that I want to be like. So I am going for it.

    ReplyDelete