Monday, August 9, 2010

Random thoughts

Random thoughts:
My nephew thought I was too fat to use the Wii fitness board....which has in turn made me seriously bummed out....
I have eaten lots on this vacation. Perhaps a bit is related to the sulking of feeling fat. 
The good thing is my new clothes I have bought still fit fine and are the same size I have worn in the last few months---which is down a size from when I moved north. 
So the questions I have for myself are....what and how do I change this feeling and how to do I motivate myself
Today on CBC (the Canadian version of NPR for my fellow USA readers) a guest was talking about changing one thing at a time. If we feel successful with one small change we are more likely to continue and change another thing.


So should I start with one small change?
And what should the change be?


Also I want to change....


Sigh I have tons of ideas and I really want some feedback.


I am thinking of setting some goals with rewards. For example I set a goal of getting into grad school and the reward was a bracelet from Tiffany's---so while I was down south I went and bought myself the bracelet. 


Okay well talk to you all soon
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. tough questions lady! Some people do better taking small steps. Other people need to do it, all or nothing. For me, it was all or nothing. I joined a gym and there was no turning back. 6 days a week, 45 minutes a day. Within 3 weeks I was tracking my food. Working out and tracking food every day for a year. Sounds simple but takes serious mental fight.

    The hardest part Sarah, is that no one can tell you what is best for you. Only you can figure this out. And that, is the exact reason why it is so hard---because there isn't one right answer.

    Try something. Anything. When you try, it is the opposite of giving up. And that is exactly where you need to be...trying!

    Some days are harder than others but the point of this whole journey is to do it over and over and over again.

    I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were to do just one thing, I think it should be food journaling. To me, food journaling is tough..I get bored with it FAST...but I always do better when I journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm journaling is a good idea. I am open to that. Maybe via my blog?

    And Jen I love your blog and your serious mental fight that you went through because you give me hope!

    Both of you see today's post and tell me what you think?

    Hugs to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete